» ---------------
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Online Users: 10
0 members and 10 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 534, 07-06-2011 at 07:06 PM.
» Today's Birthdays
None
Calgary Moms Community : Find Friendship, Support & Advice

Calgary Moms Community : Find Friendship, Support & Advice (http://www.calgarymomscommunity.com/forum/index.php)
-   Board Help, Newbie Info & FAQs (http://www.calgarymomscommunity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2412)
-   -   What is an infraction? (http://www.calgarymomscommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21430)

britt 02-17-2007 03:45 PM

What is an infraction?

What is an infraction? This is kinda like the three strikes your out rule.

If a member does something that is against the rules of the boards the member will receive 1 infraction. A infraction bans you from the boards for a total of 10 days. If you recieve another infraction you are banned for a total of another 10 days. If you receive a third infraction you are banned from the website for good! :wow:

The main infractions are:
Spammed Advertisements
Insulted Other Member(s)
Signature Rule Violation
Inappropriate Language

play nice and you are safe! :aok:

danalee 02-17-2007 03:53 PM

I have no issues with any of this, but the signature infraction may need a warning. Some people just don't know and not everybody reads the rules completely. But spam, insults and inappropriate language shouldn't be tolerated - so I'm on your side with that one.

Danyell 02-17-2007 03:58 PM

yyup totally agree with Dana, although this signature one is confusing to me sometimes lol im not sure wht all the numbers mean.

britt 02-17-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danalee (Post 297552)
I have no issues with any of this, but the signature infraction may need a warning. Some people just don't know and not everybody reads the rules completely. But spam, insults and inappropriate language shouldn't be tolerated - so I'm on your side with that one.

I agree! :aok: That one is for those that refuse to follow the signature rules and continue to do so. ;)

Danyell 02-17-2007 04:07 PM

would using POS or PITA be considered innapropriate language??? not that i sue it that much or anything lol

britt 02-17-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danyell (Post 297576)
would using POS or PITA be considered innapropriate language??? not that i sue it that much or anything lol

nope it's not ;) That's typical chat.. I talking about getting right into it and using nasty language over and over again :)

Danyell 02-17-2007 04:12 PM

thanks, i figured that but i dont want to be banned lol

Tajjy 09-25-2007 02:23 PM

Ok! good to know!

ltanner 09-29-2007 01:43 PM

I don't think I know what the "Signature" rule is. I was trying to find it but I'm not really internet savvy...

I don't even know what POS or PITA is....

gipsymth 10-04-2007 02:50 PM

If I say something that offends someone, do they say to me "Dude, that's offensive." so I can explain or apologize or straighten it out? Or is it automaticly tagged as an infraction? Because not everyone is offended by the same things. Somethings one person finds funny other people might find offensive. Example: My excessive use of the word "dude".

I don't plan on offending anyone, btw.

I'm a good person.