Calgary Moms Community : Find Friendship, Support & Advice

Go Back   Calgary Moms Community : Find Friendship, Support & Advice > Forum Support > Board Help, Newbie Info & FAQs
Click to log in with Facebook
FAQ Calendar Arcade Classifieds Mark Forums Read

Board Help, Newbie Info & FAQs Board Help, New member information and frequently asked questions

» Cmoms News

Follow Me on Pinterest 
» Main Menu
» ---------------
» ---------------
» ---------------
» ---------------
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Online Users: 9
0 members and 9 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 534, 07-06-2011 at 06:06 PM.
» Today's Birthdays
None
» Sponsor
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Keepin' Busy!
Premier Member
Admin

Rating: 0% (0)
My Mood:
britt is on a distinguished road
Testimonials

These ones are from the past.. thought I would add them I will be adding more as time goes by...

Name: MH | Date : 2/5/2006
I love Calgarymoms, I enjoy logging on each morning and talking with the other ladies and getting great advice on anything I ask. Everyone is so nice and down to earth. With all these women you would think there would be a cat fight from time to time but nope....we are all moms who just want to have people to chat with and a place to belong...it's kinda like cheers...everyone knows your name. I can't say enough about CalgaryMoms or how wonderful I think it is that Britt came up with this idea.

Name: Jubiejuju | Date : 2/6/2006
I love Calgarymoms! It's been my saving grace after I had Kalynah. I was finding that I was isolated and alone because I had no one to talk to about 'mom things' and 'baby things', none of our friends in the calgary have kids. And all our close friends that do have kids, their kids are either older or they live in different provinces and we dont talk to them very often.
I came across this website while searching for a playgroup for Kalynah and I was so happy that i found this place! I've met so many wonderful moms (we've had so much fun at the moms night out (aka MNO) fuctions; shared all my 'mommie moments' with them (good & bad and most importantly.. most embarrassing moments);found lots of advice and moral support; playgroups for Kalynah; and most importantly and found that im not alone in this mommie (parenting) adventure! So, thanks again to you Britt! (and everyone else) ... i still have my sanity!

Name: Melinda | Date : 2/6/2006
I love Calgarymoms, I enjoy logging on each morning and talking with the other ladies and getting great advice on anything I ask. Everyone is so nice and down to earth. With all these women you would think there would
be a cat fight from time to time but nope....we are all moms who just want to have people to chat with and a place to belong...it's kinda like cheers...everyone knows your name. I can't say enough about CalgaryMoms or
how wonderful I think it is that Britt came up with this idea.

Name: sdk | Date : 2/5/2006
This is a great site for all Calgary moms and moms-to-be!!

Name: mashtree | Date : 2/4/2006

Good and very active site with personalized appeal

Name: Runraggedmom | Date : 2/4/2006
Moving to Calgary from Ontario was a hard thing to do. My husband got a great job promotion, but we where going to be in a new province all by ourselves with the kids ! I searched the web for a place where I could just be me, a mom . I found Calgarymoms.com and let me tell you, it has been a life saver ! I have met some amazing moms on here. I now have a bunch of close friends who are really there for me. Whenever I have childrearing questions or personal problems I know I can reach out to these amazing moms and they are always here to help me and not judge me. We get together for dinners, playdates with our children and have family outings with our spouses and kids. It's like my extended family ! I don't know what I would do without Calgarymoms.com.

Name: proudmommy | Date : 2/4/2006
I was the first out of my girlfriends to have a child. It was really hard b/c I didn't have anyone I could connect with as a mother. They are still single girls, living it up- there is little that they would understand about being a mom, until they become one. With my mom living in New Brunswick I felt a little out of touch with the world...and it doesn't help that Jamie works out of town 75% of the year. I wanted to find playdates for my son and hopefully meet some wonderful women in the process. It turns out I got more than I was looking for and I found something where I could ask questions that i need answered, to talk about family life, playdates for Colten...basically a community of moms who in one way or another were looking for the same thing.

Name: Frodo | Date : 2/4/2006
I Love Calgary Mom's. The mom's on this site are so amazing and so helpful.

Name: liddybits71 | Date : 2/4/2006
This site is great. It has allowed me as a mom to connect with other moms in Calgary...

Name: Tristansmama | Date : 2/4/2006
I love Calgary Moms its one of the best sites around. Filled with wonderful moms that support each other in so many diffferent ways from Laughter to tears. CALGARY MOMS RULES!

Name: Jmom2boys | Date : 2/4/2006
Love this site, allows me to make new connections for myself and my kids!

Name: smillingmom | Date : 2/4/2006
This is the best site i have ever found

Name: kmama | Date : 2/4/2006
I love Calgary Moms!! It's a great place to meet other Moms and just chat about absolutely anything! Also very helpful when I have a burning question!

Name: sara | Date : 2/4/2006
I have made some of the best friends I have ever had here on this site. People I would have never met if it were not for CalgaryMoms.com.

Name: SueP | Date : 6/8/2007
When DH was transferred to Calgary in September 2006, I was worried that our once full social life would fail to thrive. I found CMoms when I was messing around on the internet and decided to join. I spent the first month lurking and trying to get settled in Calgary. Then I decided to go for it and get the premier membership. I mean really ....$20.....what was there to lose??? I went to my first playgroup at the end of October and I haven't looked back. We have met so many friends and have a very active social life. The play dates and MNOs are fun, but being able to receive support and encouragement 24/7 is a life saver.

Name: newmom | Date: 6/26/2008
Thank you for making my life so much easier!! Being fairly new to Calgary and to parenthood, I find the support on Cmoms to be outstanding. I'm never afraid to ask a stupid question because I know that I will get an answer and 10 others who've wondered the same thing. To me, $20/yr for the premier membership is totally worth it and I look forward to many years of cmoms!

Lisa

Name: Mommy2 | Date: 6/26/2008
Calgarymoms is like a breath of fresh air for me. I come on to read about ours questions that answer mine too. You are never judged on anything you say and it just feels vey supportive here!

Melinda aka Mommy2

Name: aqua | Date: 6/26/2008
When all my "mommy friends", whom I had met during Pre-Nat or Baby and You Classes were going back to work after maternity leave, I got worried. What was I going to do with my baby now in terms of play dates? What other adults would I hang out with during the day?

Then I found my answer, Calgary Moms! I was a little iffy at first, as I am very internet savvy, but very internet wary. I wondered how the play dates would work, and after asking around a bit on the pre-members board, and talking to my husband, I decided to take the leap. I am glad I did. My daughter and I have been on tons of play dates now, she has met some really great friends, and so have I.

In my opinion twenty dollars a year, is well worth it! I think my daughter thinks so too!

aqua

Name: MamaLea | Date: 6/26/2008
Calgary Moms is the first online format that I have been part of where I receive friendship, sanity, and a place where I can truly be myself. I have appreciated all the kindness, guidance, and support that I have received from the wonderful ladies on this site. This was the best investment of $20 I could have made for myself. Thanks everyone!

want to add one? Click here (premier members only)

Hoping to join one of our Calgary Moms Clubs? When you have over 15 posts you can find info here.

If you have any questions please read I am new! Now what do I do? or Community Rules & Regulations

Do you think you will be a regular contributor on our community? We are looking for volunteers! Become a Moderator.

Britt
Proud Mommy of 2 beauties - Marissa (15) & McKenna (14) Spousal Unit to Henry

Last edited by britt; 07-10-2008 at 10:47 AM..
Closed Thread