Calgary Moms Community : Find Friendship, Support & Advice

Go Back   Calgary Moms Community : Find Friendship, Support & Advice > Forum Support > Board Help, Newbie Info & FAQs
Click to log in with Facebook
Register FAQ Calendar Arcade Classifieds Mark Forums Read

Board Help, Newbie Info & FAQs Board Help, New member information and frequently asked questions

» Cmoms News

Follow Me on Pinterest 
» Main Menu
» ---------------
» ---------------
» ---------------
» ---------------
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Sponsors

» Online Users: 16
0 members and 16 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 534, 07-06-2011 at 06:06 PM.
» Today's Birthdays
None

Old 06-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Keepin' Busy!
Premier Member
Admin

Rating: 0% (0)
My Mood:
britt is on a distinguished road
Exclamation I am New! Now what do I do?

Welcome to Calgary Moms Community!!
Proudly serving Calgary moms since March 2005!!

CalgaryMomsCommunity.com is the first and largest online mom community forum in Calgary, providing moms with a supportive environment to connect with other moms and develop lasting friendships. Our online forums offer a ‘home on the web’ for moms living in Calgary. Log in and chat about parenting and children, marriage and relationships, homemaking and hobbies, health and activities, quiet time and soul searching, entertainment and fun stuff… and just about anything that may be on your mind.

Calgary Moms Premier Membership Information

How do you become a premier member??

(1) If you haven't already done so, please register a unique username (click here), (please use a correct email address) see #2

(2) Check your email inbox to activate your new member account, This MUST be completed to chat on the boards.

Unfortunately due to a LARGE amount of spammers (spam bots & the sort) registering on our community we have turned ON manual moderation. This means I manually go through all registrations and check IP addresses to make sure you live in or around Calgary. Please allow 24 hours for your registration to be approved on our end. You will receive an email when you have been approved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have NOT received a confirmation email and you have not heard back from us please contact us with an alternative email address. We have emails bouncing back on our end and have NO way to contact you.

(3) To be a part of our community we do require new members to complete 1 introduction post and welcome two other members before you can become a premier member.

*Remember: We are a SPAM free community That means no self promotion or advertising of any business, community or group* on the community forum or in private messages Please read our community rules

How to introduce yourself: To post an introduction in the Introduce Yourself forum is quite simple. ((click here)). Click New Thread button just above the thread list on that page to start. Post a topic in the subject bar (ie. Hi! I'm new to Calgary Moms!) Then type a few paragraphs telling a bit about yourself in the text box. Once you have typed out your introduction click the submit button at the bottom.

(4) After you have completed your introduction post it takes approx 10 minutes for the community program to read that you have moved up your membership to "Premier" status. Please be patient.

Have Fun!!!

Other helpful information:

Read and follow our community rules and regulations (click here).

Read our community disclaimer (click here)

If you cannot post in the forums this means your registration has not been confirmed - please check your email inbox.

Last edited by britt; 10-20-2016 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: added confirmation email info
Old 10-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Keepin' Busy!
Premier Member
Admin

My Mood:
How do i join a Club (playgroups, moms night out, wahm club)

To join a club on the boards you do need to first register and become a premier member (see above) once you have the required number of posts to join a specific club please click on USER CP in the main menu on the left hand side of our community.

Then scroll down to Group Memberships and click on it. On the page select which group you wish to join. Please join the groups one at a time. Admin manually screens each member before allowing access.

Once you have been approved (please allow 24 hours) you will see the clubs posts. To speed things up please post in this thread that you have applied to join a group.

Happy Chatting

Hoping to join one of our Calgary Moms Clubs? When you have over 15 posts you can find info here.

If you have any questions please read I am new! Now what do I do? or Community Rules & Regulations

Do you think you will be a regular contributor on our community? We are looking for volunteers! Become a Moderator.

Britt
Proud Mommy of 2 beauties - Marissa (14) & McKenna (12) Spousal Unit to Henry
Old 08-28-2014, 12:09 PM
Keepin' Busy!
Premier Member
Admin

My Mood:
If you have NOT received a confirmation email and you have not heard back from us please contact us with an alternative email address.

We have emails bouncing back on our end when we are trying to contact you.

Hoping to join one of our Calgary Moms Clubs? When you have over 15 posts you can find info here.

If you have any questions please read I am new! Now what do I do? or Community Rules & Regulations

Do you think you will be a regular contributor on our community? We are looking for volunteers! Become a Moderator.

Britt
Proud Mommy of 2 beauties - Marissa (14) & McKenna (12) Spousal Unit to Henry
Old 02-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Just conceived!
Premier Member

Sparkle is on a distinguished road
I did the introduction and welcomed two new members and I still don't have access to read any of the forums. Why? Am I missing something?
Old 02-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Premier Member

caryn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I did the introduction and welcomed two new members and I still don't have access to read any of the forums. Why? Am I missing something?
You need a minimum of 15 posts then you can request to join the private forums. There are a few you should have access to in the meantime.

You are at 8 posts.

Need help? Ask me. I'm a moderator.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:36 AM
Just conceived!

Natr is on a distinguished road
15 post

This seems like a very complicated way to chat with local moms who want to find local friends. What exactly am I supposed to post about?
Old 04-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Premier Member

caryn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natr View Post
This seems like a very complicated way to chat with local moms who want to find local friends. What exactly am I supposed to post about?
Absolutely anything you would like. Questions about parenting, books, TV shows, things to do in the city, etc. Pretty much anything. It's just a way to ensure member privacy. I will say that is has been a little quiet on here lately.

Need help? Ask me. I'm a moderator.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Just conceived!
Premier Member

Sparkle is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natr View Post
I agree. It is complicated. It is discouraging and it makes me feel unwanted here. That's why I've lost interest in posting.